Monday, October 10, 2005

Rains, floods, gloom ...

Although the rain is coming down less hard, the visibility is actually much worse today than yesterday. Yesterday despite the harsh torrents of rain, you could still see the ocean and the islands and mainland around Mt. Desert. We drove up Sargent's Drive alongside Some's Sound and could see across it (though from the start of the drive you couldn't see the head of the sound and it looked as if the western lobe of the island was a separate landmass). Today, although the rain is weaker, everything's just shrouded in mist and cloud.

Feeling really, really, super-crappy today. Aching and sore all over, not just in the usual "pain points" like the sides, knees, ankles, and elbows. And feeling extremely weak and drained: like all the energy has been sucked out of the flesh of my arms and legs. Plus I've got quite a lot of mild, prickling pins and needles especially in my left foot and actually travelling all the way up to my knees.

Hard to know if all this is just one of those fluoroquinolone "cycles", or if it's because I've been doing a lot, or if it's because I've been breaking my diet right and left. Have had a lot of "nightshades" lately -- potatoes, tomatoes, and bell peppers -- which may (or may not) contribute to my pain. But have also been having more carbs, lots of "white" carbs, and even some sugar. The crappiness I am feeling today may be as much from the pre-diabetic insulin-resistence as from the fluoroquinolones. Today we're going to take it easy (not much choice anyway, weather-wise), and eat more carefully. Lisa made sandwiches from ingredients we got at Wild Oats in Portland and tonight we're eating at the wonderful Eden Rising Cafe -- a vegan restaurant.

Well, I'm going to have to end this posting now. The Wonder View only has wireless in the main Office, not in the rooms, and it turns out their laundry facilities are out of order today due to flooding. So I'm going to have to drive Lisa down to a laundromat in town. Back later.

Categories: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,